10 Steps to High Page Rank
Achieving page rank by Google, Bing, Yahoo is an art. You cannot put a site together, toss it into the world wide web and expect to attain top page rank in days, or weeks, sometimes months.
1. Be sure that your website is ready. Check for broken links, images, unique content, etc.
2. Make sure keywords are highly related with your website content. Use your main keyword for each page in the file name, description and keywords section and in the heading of the page. Some suggest, also in the first few sentences of the page preferably at the beginning of the first sentence.
3. Create a sitemap file for your website. Site map file is a formatted file with an XML extension. It contains the URLs for all of your pages in your website. You can use free online or offline tools available to generate your site map file.
4. Upload the site map file to your website root directory.
5. Log in at Google Webmasters Support, Tools using your free Google account. Create one if you don’t have one.
6. Type your website full URL in the “Add Site” field on the top of the Google Site map page and click OK.
7. Click the “Add Site map” link on the right of your website name.
8. Choose “General Web Site map ” on the “Choose Type” option list. Check all the check boxes provided.
9. Type your full site map URL in the provided field and click “Add Web Site map” button.
10. Wait for about 2 or 3 days. Check Google by typing your website name in the search box with the word “site:” before your site name. If it shows up in the result, it means that Google has indexed your website.
Let me know if you have questions or comments! I am here to help you!